CSTEP has recently started research in the area of governance, which emerges as a distinct vertical, to primarily aid transparency, efficiency, accountability and participation through knowledge based research and technology. It is also a cross-cutting theme across its other verticals: to guide implementation of technology enabled policy options. CSTEP believes that technology can play an anchoring role in strengthening the pillars of governance, and effective governance itself enriches the process of policy making and implementation.
Areas of enquiry
• Issues related to Urban land acquisition for public infrastructure projects
• Understanding the Public Distribution System for food supply
• Allocation and auctioning of natural resources
• Issues related to skilling and training of India's workforce
• Options for affordable housing in urban areas
Talk by Smt. Uma Mahadevan
October 26, 2016
Smt. Uma Mahadevan, Department of Women and Child Development delivered a talk.